Lucy is a professional photographer, designer & artist and founder of Lucy G Splashbacks & Lucy G Design.
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 021 0508 691
Work location : By appointment only, Meadowbank.
Where you can examples of Lucy's splashbacks in kitchens :
Palazzo Kitchens showroom - 107 The Strand, Parnell. You can view the 'Fantails on Blossoms' splashback here. Open during the weekdays and also Saturday.
BIO - Lucy Gauntlett . Photographer . Artist . Designer
- More and more customers started asking me if they could use a panorama for their own kitchen splashbacks so due to demand this printed splashback business quite literally set itself up !
- As a quick background, with 10 years in the photography industry I specialise in landscape, nature and fine art photography and am a Professional Commercial Photographer and Fellow of the NZIPP. I live in Meadowbank, Auckland with my husband Campbell & little boy Oliver.
- Upon seeing every completed project, I am continually blown away by the difference and ‘wow factor’ the printed image splashbacks make. Often they are part of a much larger open plan living area and so they are the focal point to the whole area.
- 'We’re delighted with our splashback featuring Lucy’s beautiful Tui photograph. It’s the key focal point of our kitchen/living area and has certainly provided the “wow factor” we were looking for in our new kitchen. It’s been the source of many admiring comments from visitors who have all, without exception, been most impressed with the look we have achieved.' (Stephanie, Parnell)
- So alongside running my photography business I have also worked as a full time architect & interior designer for the last 10 years and I have designed the exterior through to interior colour scheme and detailing of many residential & large commercial projects right down to the cabinetry drawings.
- Overall I have had many years of experience working with the fundamentals of ‘design’ – which I believe are composition, colour and detail. And I also understand that it’s often a challenge for customers to ‘visualise’ different design decisions. So to help with this ‘visualisation’ with the printed splashbacks I can superimpose one or several of my images into a photo of your kitchen or bathroom so you can see how the different options will look.
- “Lucy went out of her way to help us get the effect that we wanted for our splashback by adapting one of her fabulous photographs to give us a more digital image. The two splashbacks are the highlight of our kitchen, giving colour to our otherwise neutral kitchen” (Chris, Titirangi)
- In the last couple of years I have been pushing the boundaries of photography and using it more as an illustration tool and means to 'create' which is seen through my new mixed media 'digital fusion' works which layer texture, drawing and painting. A good way to describe it is 'digital mixed media' and this work utilises today's technology and digital means to create pieces that I find are creative, inspiring & exciting. These works still derive their content largely from photography but are processed in a way that makes them look more like paintings.
- My inspiration lies outside with the birds and the bees and the trees. I see beauty in many things including what many people would see as ugly and derelict. I am happiest when I am out in my garden or walking along the beach - anywhere with nature...
- Overall I love the fact that my photography & artwork can make a difference to people’s lives and with splashbacks they lie at the heart of the house and we spend SO much time in the kitchen why not make it as enjoyable as possible ! One of my customers recently came up to me when I was selling my work at a mall and told me that every morning when she rises and see the ‘Tui song’ photos on her wall they make her smile and appreciate the small things in life…
“The hardest part for us was to decide which picture to choose for our splashback as all of Lucy’s photographs are fantastic. Working with Lucy on the print for the splashback was a stress- free experience” (Liz, Piha)
Get your obligation free estimate NOW - CLICK HERE TO GET AN ESTIMATE - and Lucy will personally reply with your estimate within 24 hours.